Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Lean on me (because I'm scared)

I'm gonna be real with y'all* for a second, okay?

I depend upon others way too much.

I have given up the opportunity to do something pretty fun because I didn't have someone to go with. And by that I mean I was overcome with chronic teenage-wolf-pack-mentality, AKA I was too afraid to do something without a buddy.

Pathetic? Not really, at least not in my opinion, because as a high-schooler I have this unwavering need to be a part of something. Even though I like to think I have enough self-confidence to fly me to the moon, most days I barely have enough to get out of bed. That being said, having someone to walk with in the hallways or eat lunch with can make life a heck of a lot easier.

So, every now and then when that security blanket of companionship isn't guaranteed I cower! And I ruin really great opportunities! Imagine that!!!

Now I know, I know I should not let others actions dictate my own. I'm working on it. But, it takes me a long time to get around to doing things (e.g. I STILL have yet to see The Fault in our Stars)

Oh well, all great things must simmer, not boil*.

from Hannah,
with love

xo

*It's the southerner in me talking, I'm sorry
*I made that saying up but it sounds pretty good, huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment